Summer is around the corner. The days are getting warmer and longer and the Mother City is looking prettier than ever. One of the best ways to spend balmy summer evenings is in the botanical gardens of Kirstenbosch. The annual Summer Sunset Concerts round off sunny weekends in Cape Town.
Starting on 20 November 2011 the Old Mutual Summer Sunset Concerts at Kirstenbosch give you the opportunity to spend your Sundays in one of the world’s most beautiful garden with music, friends and wine. Could it be any better?
This year’s line-up features regular favourites such as Johnny Clegg, Freshly Ground, Goldfish and Carols by Candlelight. Also don’t miss South Africa’s bestselling band The Parlotones and jazz legend Hugh Masekela. If you love guitar music, mark 22 January in your calendar, when Dan Patlansky and Natasha Meister play into the setting sun.
Ticket prices hover between R50-R100. Bring your picnic basket a bottle of wine and your friends and family to enjoy the perfect ending to a summer weekend in Cape Town. Have a look and the line-up below or have a look at the official site for more details.
- 20 Nov 2011 Locnville, Jax Panik
- 27 Nov 2011 Van Coke Kartel, Jack Parow, more
- 04 Dec 2011 Lira
- 11 Dec 2011 The Parlotones
- 15 Dec 2011 Carols by Candlelight
- 16 Dec 2011 Carols by Candlelight
- 17 Dec 2011 Carols by Candlelight
- 18 Dec 2011 Carols by Candlelight
- 26 Dec 2011 Zebra & Giraffe
- 31 Dec 2011 Prime Circle & Elvis Blue
- 01 Jan 2012 Mango Groove
- 08 Jan 2012 The Graeme Watkins Project, Plush
- 15 Jan 2012 Johnny Clegg
- 22 Jan 2012 Dan Patlansky, Natasha Meister
- 29 Jan 2012 Zahara (TBC) / Claire Phillips
- 05 Feb 2012 Flash Republic, Foto Na Dans
- 12 Feb 2012 Going Back to the Crossroads
- 19 Feb 2012 Taxi Violence, Machineri
- 26 Feb 2012 Cape Philharmonic Orchestra
- 04 Mar 2012 The Blues Broers, Albert Frost
- 11 Mar 2012 Goldfish
- 18 Mar 2012 Freshlyground
- 25 Mar 2012 Hugh Masekela
- 01 Apr 2012 Hot Water, Wrestlerish